How to create a quality prospectus on a budget?
This is a question we get asked quite a lot, being specialists, we have created ways to create quality prospectuses to suit any budget.
School marketing need not cost the earth and we work hard here at Lore Creative to come up with budget saving options that don’t compromise the quality of the final product.
In a recent meeting, when asked just how we go about achieving this goal, I set out some samples and explained that there are various ways.
- Firstly, an important question is… digital or printed, or both! Many schools are now opting for a digital/online prospectus. We happily provide our clients with prices for all options and discuss what option would suit them best. Digital artwork cuts out the print costs obviously and is a great way to keep an update version online, but lots still prefer a printed option (this is a debate for another article!).
- Print finishes; shopping around between our suppliers allows us to do all the hard work for you and search out the best priced matt, silk, gloss or recycled stock you may require. We use a number of FSC certified printers for just this reason.
- Advise on size; different size prospectuses will go through printing presses with a number of different pages to fit per sheet. We will advise you particular sizes to best to economise your print run.
- Another option to consider helping reduce the overall cost is whether or not to have a glued pocket on the inside of the back cover of the prospectus? It used to be that prospectuses carried so many compulsory documents that a pocket came as standard, but more schools are opting to keep the policies online and remove the pocket to save on print costs.
- Economies of scale are an important consideration and whether you wish to update the content every year and reprint or whether you want a prospectus to last 3 years before being updated. We will work with you to discuss these points and show you costs for both options. Digitally printed prospectuses can be produced in shorter runs e.g. x200-x750copies much more cost effectively. Digital print has improved rapidly over the last ten years and to the untrained eye you would not notice a difference anymore between the two.
We’d love to hear from you, give us a call on 01522 413795 or contact us to get started!